Wednesday 27 June 2012

Frosted toys

Yesterday I sprayed three 28mm ECW figures with GW Purity Seal Satin Varnish. They looked great.

Now I usually avoid sprays because I have had disasters with frosted figures. I used the spray because I was in a hurry.

Today I sprayed another 13 figures. They frosted! Same can of spray, same shaking, sprayed in same place (outside).

Today is more humid - so that must be the issue.

I managed to fix the figures. Here's how.

First I brushed on some Daler-Rowney Soluble gloss varnish.

When the figures were dry I brushed on Windsor and Newton Galleria Matt Varnish

Worked brilliantly with no frosting.

The picture shows the result.


Now I need to base them up.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Greek Light Cavalry

Some Greek Light Cavalry; from the Victrix set of the same name. I did add in a few heads from the spares box.